Womens Health Solutions

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Balanced Menopause

Every once inawhile, I pick up a magazine to find
out what's going on in the world of fashion. This
week, I read about "exciting" stories for losing
weight, getting a nose job, burning fat, cheap
makeovers, making my breasts bigger, 100 ways to
dress thinner - - it's all about looking skinnier
and looking sexier.

Frankly, this whole 'look-a- certain-skinny-way'
is getting old. Plus, it's very confusing.

Why do we we want to look like a scare crow with
big breasts?

I'm all for being healthy. But I also want to
enjoy life! Having a chocolate chip cookie (Mrs.
Field's is my favorite) or eating a nice dinner
out once in awhile is important for my emotinal
well-being.

Focusing only on what I look like in the mirror
makes me feel like a health guru fanatic.

There's more to life than reading confusing
articles that have one hundred ways to lose
weight (none of which work for any long periods
of time).

My focus is to live a balanced life - time with
family and friends, eating food occasionally that's
not good for me but fun to eat anyway, and
strengthening my faith.

How about you?

Let's get off this crazy rollercoaster together
and learn what it takes to live a balanced life
as healthy women.

Until next time,
Dr. Judy


Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz